Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Time to try it again


When I first graduated high school, I decided to enroll in some local college with a friend. A crappy school....that doesnt even exist anymore lol. One of those that has literally changed names 10 times since I went. I thought it was a good idea. But after going for 2 months, i realized what a joke it was. I was doing crafts in a communications class. So I just quit going. Call me a quitter. But it was a waste of time. I had to pay for the initial student loan that I used the first semester. Which was about $2500. Being 18, and stupid, I just let it go. Well now, several years later, I am not able to go to school because of these default student loans. As a single mom, I qualify for tons of grants and help to go to school, and I cant take advantage of any of it because of these loans that are haunting me. I really want to go to school. While my girls are young. And do something for us, and for myself. Its important to me to show my girls that any0ne can do it, including me. And I want for them to be proud of me, and who I am as thier mom. So this year, I decided its time to take care of these loans. Its my first year getting an actual tax return that I've claimed the girls. So it was pretty nice. And although I hated to see the money, over half of it, go, its a good feeling to know I can plan to go back to school soon.

I got a letter in the mail today from the loan company. Its a "Paid in Full" letter. My loans are paid off!!! The best piece of mail Ive recieved in a long time let me tell you. So now. My loans are paid. And I cant think of a better time to look into going back to school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment