Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"The only thing constant is change"





Change seems to be a pretty constant theme in my life. And most of the time, the change is not by choice. But this round of change is all on me. I will accept full responsibility for this. Proudly :)






I havent blogged in a while. So these will seem like they are coming out of nowhere.






Change 1: I no longer work at Teletech. As thankful as I am to have gotten that job when I did, after being laid off from my job last year, the job sucked. With a capitol S. The company was horrible to work for. They treated thier employees like crap. And after several times of being a direct hit of how they treat people, I couldnt take it anymore. So after voicing my opinion on what I think of how they treated me, my boss sat me down and had a talk with me. He said if I didnt like the way things were done, maybe I didnt need to work there. It seemed logical enough. And we came to a mutual agreement, and I left. I was surprisingly not nervous or scared or worried about not having a job. Just relieved not to have to go back to a place that made me so miserable and took so much time away from my girls.






Change 2: In keeping with the job theme, leaving one job usually warrants a new job not too far behind. And in this case, i was extremely blessed to have a friend that works at a hotel that just happened to be hiring. And as soon as I quit teletech, I had an interview the next day at the hotel and started the very next day. Im thankful. Very thankful of how that worked out.



However, the hotel pays minimum wage. And thats not going to get me very far. And my friend as well as my boss at the hotel were very understanding that it would by no means be a permanent job for me. I couldnt have asked for a better situation to fall in my lap. So after 2 weeks of working there, I was able to quit and work at home. I am back doing in home daycare. It works for us. 1...Im saving like $450 a month in daycare for my 2 girls. 2...I can be home with them and help work through some things (i will get to that later) and 3...Ive missed my kids like crazy! Working 100+ hours every 2 weeks at Teletech really took its toll on the girls and I.


Change 3. And this is probably the biggest change and most shocking...At least for me.

I am no longer living the single life. Yes. You read that right. !!!!!!!

I know. Im kicking myself for not writing about this sooner. Because I cant even begin to explain to you how I feel about this new journey of my life. We have been dating for a couple of months now. And this guy is just simply amazing. AH-Mazing. I love him so much. Yep. I said it. Im in love. Madly in love. And its the real deal. He makes me smile everyday. Its an incredible feeling.


Usually change works against me. And is completely on the other team instead of rooting in my favor. But for the first time, in a very long time, Im up one point. And happier than I have been for equally as long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment