Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Experiences

I have started volunteering at church again in the nursery. I am so glad to be back. I wasnt able to before because of my work schedule, but Im thankful enough to have a monday thru friday job now where I can help out again. This firday night is the chili cook-off for all the volunteers and I am entering :) I am aiming for 1st prize!
Last night, we also kicked off our 7 week session of North Point University. I signed up for Lifes Healing Choices. I was having a hard time choosing between all the different ones, But I am so glad that I chose this class to start with. It helps you deal with and overcome your "hurts, habits, and hang-ups" There is a wide variety of people in the class dealing with a bunch of different stuff. It varies from addiction, disorders, divorcees, over spenders, controllers, grudge holders, just a bunch of stuff that everyone at some point in thier life has probably dealt with. We split up into groups at the end of the class and introduced ourselves, and said why we were there.....Kind of like an AA meeting, "Hello, my name is Dawn, and Im a ________" My personal reason for taking this class is pretty simple. I am a recently single mom. I have a lot of resentment, and regret, and seem to live in the "shoulda coulda woulda" I hold on to things, and in turn, it henders my current and even future relationships. I am looking to accept the fact that I cant change me, other people, or what happened in my life. I can just focus on whats in the now, and make it the best possible. I also deal with a lot of issues that go along with my bipolar disorder. And, for the most part, my every day life is rarely affected by it. Though I do have times where I am extremely overwhelmed, and I feel like I have no where to turn. I know, in my heart, that I have family and friends that are always there for me, but its hard for me to accept that. I dont like putting myself out there, and looking weak to people. So I am looking to get that thought out of my head, and give up control when it comes to things like that. Even though last night was out first class, I am inspired by everyone I met, and look forward to the changes I know are coming in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment