Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Start of a New Year

2010 is here. So far, the only difference Ive seen is crappy cold weather and sickness floating around my house. Dont get me wrong, i love snow as much as the next person, just not when I have to get out in it. Something about cold, soaking wet feet doesnt appeal to me. Snow boots may be on my shopping list this weekend.
I didnt make any crazy new years resolutions this year. They seem kind of pointless to me anyway. But, I am working on getting my house decluttered. Ive already taken 3 loads of JUNK (though i cant seem to part with it) to storage. We can actually utilize our closets now :) Its a wonderful thing.
Emma and I are trying to get over being sick. We've been pretty miserable for the past 3 weeks. Emma has phneumonia. It started in just one lung, but eventually spread to both, even with antiobiotics. So now, she is on a new dose of antibiotics that make her tummy hurt, 5 day run of steroids to help build her lungs back up (also makes her tummy hurt) a doubled dose of prevacid to help with her tummy issues, a tripled dose of her albuterol, and tylenol & motrin as needed for her fever. My poor baby is taking medicine all day long. I hope this is enough to kick it this time, or our next step will be hospitalization. and though it wont be her first stay in the hopsital for something like this, its definately not what I want to happen.
I am getting over bronchitis, that went terribly wrong lol. I ended up having a crazy reaction to the antiobiotics I was given. And, on top of that, the first DR. missed an ear infection, so it got worse and I was having side effects from that. I was blacking out at work, getting very sick, and dizzy. So my sister had to take me to the ER. I was given some new meds that seem to be working, and I am feeling much better thank goodness.
Miss Mady never seems to get sick. Shes trucking right along and ignoring all of us who are sick.....she must have one amazingly strong immune system :)
We do seem to be starting off the new year pretty good though. We have a new car, which came just in time. Our poor explorer is almost out of life. And I am glad to be rid of it very soon. My job is continuing to approve my over time every week and has been very understanding the past couple weeks of me and Emma being sick. I dont think I couldve got any luckier when I got this job. It has made a huge difference in our life. Not to mention, I am so glad to be out of retail lol.
So 1 week exactly into 2010, things dont seem too bad. Lets just hope they continue to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment