Thursday, March 25, 2010

Questions

Our faith in God often hinges on his activity - or - inactivity - in our daily experiences. When our prayers are answered, our faith soars. When God is silent, it becomes harder to trust him.

A recent string of events has really put my faith to the test. I whole heartedly relate to the above statement. When life is good, its so easy to speak Gods praise, but when bad things happen, I struggle to "keep the faith"

Reminds me of this song, Before the Morning. And I have to constantly remind myself of the words Josh Wilson sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MniOtRnCO9I



The story behind this song is amazing and very touching, and would recommend checking it out www.beforethemorning.net

I know that eventually, good will come from it all, but how soon will that be, and how much more do you have to go through to get there? I guess instead of focusing on the end result, maybe I should try to focus on the "right now" and be thankful for the good and not dwell on the negative. Its hard to see the bigger picture sometimes.

And while Im on this subject of questions.....
Do you ever wonder why God puts someone in your life? Its kind of funny to recall the events of meeting a certain person (for the sake of my pride lol, we will call my friend Jo) and the setbacks that have come along in our friendship. And, on most days, we have a pretty good friendship. Until recently when it seems to all be a little jumbled. I try really hard to do the right thing, and the right thing always seems to be in favor of Jo. But I want to keep things simple and uncomplicated as much as possible. And Im stuck here with this empty feeling. So, I have my daily conversation with God, and ask Him why Jo is in my life. And, it never fails, even if I havent heard from Jo in days, and my attempts to talk to Jo have been ignored, I, out of no where, will hear from them. Its a constant reminder from God, that, no matter what I may think, or even what my friend may think, theres a reason they came into my life. I guess I should really just learn patience, and remember that its all in Gods hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment