Sunday, July 11, 2010

I need a nap..or maybe I just need to go to bed

Today has been a really long day. Not a bad day, just a long day. The babies at church...all the kids in general...were in crabby moods. By the time my 2 shift day was over, I was exhuasted. I cant imagine how my teachers felt who were actually in the rooms the entire time with these kids. Im so greatful for them lol.

By the time the girls and I got home from my moms, it was 4 oclock. And you could tell there were storms coming soon. The buildup to this storm did not disappoint. Its still raining and pretty windy out. I love thunderstorms. It was nice to open the windows and put on a movie with the girls and just relax.

Now, after a very yummy dinner (if I do say so myself) a bubble bath, and 2 sleeping babies, its just me. I have to say, that after yesterday..I realized that I was able to fully let everything go. I put it to the test today when I talked to Damon at church.
For 2 months now, I have been dealing with this stupid unneccessary hurt. And, for reasons I still cant explain. But I have prayed for God to give me peace with all of it. To take the hurt out of my heart. In those 2 months, I have done a great deal of healing...just on my elf and my personal life, not when it came to Damon. Even though I am so excited to give God "the pen" (When God Writes Your Love Story) I was still holding on. My little break from blogging and thinking about it in general did amazing things. I finally feel ok. And today, when I saw him, and said hi, and even had somewhat of a conversation with him, I felt ok. Im finally at a point where I want to be. For lack of better words....over it. Im sure I will have to deal with tugs at my heart every now and then....but to just be able to talk to him and not feel what I used to feel, is more than I expected.

Being able to let go of this, and truly know that I have instead of just hoping I have.....is a very good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment