Friday, July 9, 2010

Silence is golden



I know. Its been a couple weeks since Ive been here. Only because Ive really been trying to let things go. And as much as writing is an outlet for me, talking about certain things everyday, does nothing but keep me tied to them. So, instead of writing and dwelling on it, I just didnt deal with it. Not the best way to handle some things, but I have done all the healing and repairing and work up to this point that I could do. My constant thinking about Damon and the situation only took me back there. So, pushing it out of my mind, gave me space to think about other things. Just what I needed.




Though, I will say, I have missed writing about a lot of stuff thats happened.




Emma had her first dance recital. She was amazing. She danced like a princess.....and I cried like a baby lol. I was so proud of her.


After her recital, she left with her dad. Its the first summer he has had her. And, he gets her for 3 weeks. A very long 3 weeks. I had mixed emotions about her going. Thankfully, after praying and asking for support, I was ok with her going. I talked to her only a handful of times, mainly because it was hard on her. She would start crying and ask to come home. As much as it killed me not to hear her sweet voice everyday, I knew she was ok. Going to get her, was the longest 4 hour drive of my life. When I turned the corner onto her dads street, she was waiting outside, and ran as soon as she saw my car. It was the best feeling ever to have my baby run to me and hug me as tight as she could. BEST DAY EVER!


July 4th weekend, our church had an event called Freedom Splash. There were 2 huge pools set up in the parking lot, and after every service, they were baptising people. I was lucky enough to get to watch 3 out of 5 services. It was incredible to watch hundreds...literally....give thier life to Christ. Young people, old people....Couples were baptized together. Siblings, mothers and daughters, fathers and sons...entire families were being baptized together. I was baptized a year ago. Living a life for Christ, is the most amazing feeling. And, seeing all these people make that huge step in faith, was overwhelming. 440 people were baptized at North Point in 2 days. Here in Springfield Missouri....God really is amazing. I will never forget that experience.
I also started a new book-When God Writes Your Love Story. Amazing so far.
All of the events that have happened in the past few months have really made me stop, and re-assess my life. Ive been given some really great tools to figure out where I need to be in my "single-ness" lol. This has been centered in my heart and I am just so on fire about this new found way of living as a single woman. Who knew? Its all very exciting to me.
As much as I thought I had to catch up on, thats pretty much it for now. I love that my life isnt consumed with such negativity now. I was so caught up in something that was so bad for me...and thats all you ever got to hear about. That really makes me sad. Heres to hoping..or knowing.. that wont happen again. Good night :)






No comments:

Post a Comment