Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life's a beach


This past saturday, my family went to Moonshine Beach in Branson. Not the real beach, but the best the Ozarks can deliver. Theres real sand, and water..not the ocean, but a beautiful area on Table Rock Lake. It was a perfect day. My niece and nephew (Brenda and Duran) came with thier boys Dalton and Ryan. We hardly get to see them anymore, so it was really nice to have them there. My mom, Ray, Melissa, my sister, my sisters boyfriend Nick and his twins and thier girlfriends, my friend Lynda and her little girl Sami, and of course me and the girls...18 people! It was wonderful. We bbq'd some yummy food. And swam all day. Emma swam under the water for the first time ever! We built sand castles and played in the sand. The weather was amazing even if it was hot. We all left with a little sun, and ended the day with some ice cream before heading home. The girls got thier first sunburns, nothing bad, just a little red. Everyone looked like tired lobsters the next day. LOL. We will definately be going back soon.
Its nap time in my house, both girls are sleeping. Its a good feeling compared to the chaos that engulfed my house yesterday. There was a full moon last night, and my kids definately took full advantage of that excuse. I swear, the way they were acting yesterday, they were both the spawn of the devil. Whiney, cranky, misbehaving, rotten little girls. Thank goodness it was only temporary. They both went to bed fairly early, and slept all night..though they both ended up in bed with me at some point. At least they slept in :)
Satruday, I have a 3rd interview at Teletech. This application and interview and testing process has been sooooo long. Over a month. I hope my patience and persistence pays off. Its a good paying job, and something that I am comfortable doing.
Tonight, I am auditioning for our church band...as a singer. I dont really know what possessed me to want to do this. God is the only thing that comes to mind. I love singing, and always have. But never have I thought I was good enough to do something like this. I mean, sing....in front of 3,000+ people. NEVER! Nervous...yes. But extremely excited. The North Point Band is amazing. Everyone is beyond talented and blessed by God to be able to share it with other people. The band is one of the many things that first drew me to North Point. The songs touch me every time...no matter how many times Ive heard them before...I feel them. And I mean feel them in my heart. Its 30 minutes of singing for God, and feeling Him work in me. Its an incredible thing to experience. And the thought of being part of delivering that feeling to other people...pushes all the nerves out of my head. Ther are tons of people auditioning tonight. I dont know how the process works, only that I sing a verse and a chorus, 1 minute long, acapella. A song of my choice. Then I guess after its all over, they decide who they want. Keep me in your prayers tonight! Either way....this is a huge step in faith for me. Ive never been strong enough to get up in front of someone and do something like this. So auditioning in itself is God working miracles. :)
Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth."- Jeremiah 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment