Sunday, April 11, 2010

Take Two

I sat down last night and tried to focus on writing for a little bit. Its been one of those weeks, and I was definately looking forward to the outlet, but for some reason, I hit a wall. I am very easily distracted. So. Here I am, trying one more time.



Ok. Last night I am pretty sure I started off with a recap of my week.

Still no word on the job front. I know its a waiting game, but my patience level is in the red. Everyone keeps telling me the same thing. Be patient...trust....better things are in store for you....one door closes, another one opens....Tons of empty cliches. Something to tell someone when they are in a bad time in thier life. These same words have graced my lips a time or two. I am trying really hard to believe them. And I think Im doing good for the most part. Im still OK at the moment. But I also know that will only last so long. So lets pray, for my sake and sanity, that it comes sooner than later.

My foot is actually doing pretty good. Today I walked on it without it wrapped all day. And friday I was on it most of the day and it didnt start hurting until the end of the day when I was able to sit down. Its more sore than anything. And the muscles in my leg hurt. Im sure I remember someone saying something about the muscles overcompensating for my foot or something like that.

Wednesday night was our first NPCU class. It was really good, but I already knew it would be. I was extremely nervous to be one of the group leaders for the women. Im not exactly sure why. This is definately not the first time Ive done something like this. I think I was more worried about making everyone feel welcome and comfortable so that they will want to come back next week. I think it went pretty good though. Friday night was the first annual scavenger hunt for NPC SinglesLIFE. Which was a BLAST. I had so much fun. My group didnt win, but we had fun trying :) I am so thankful for a church that has introduced me to so many great friends. My nursery coordinator said to me today, "Dawn, you know so many people here." I had to laugh, because I hardly know anyone. Or at least it doesnt seem that way. but she pointed out to me that several people stopped at the counter to say hi to me today. That makes me smile :)

Its been another one of those weeks where people seem to want to play matchmaker with me. This thankfully doesnt happen very often, but its still very annoying when it does. I hate being asked about my "relationship status" The answer itself doesnt bother me, its more the person whos asking reaction. I really dont understand why people find it so crazy that I am ok with being single. Sometimes I surprise myself too I guess. I am a hopeless romantic. I love sappy romance movies and love songs. And even though I have had my fair share of bad relationships, I still believe there is someone out there for me. I still believe in a kind of love that lasts forever. I want to grow old with someone. To one day be married to my best friend. I know, thanks to my friend, that there is a love that doesnt fight, doesnt hate, and doesnt hurt. I think that some people think Im bitter and have ill feelings about love and relationships, but thats not it at all. I know what I want and what I dont want now. Before, I only thought I knew, and I ended up settling. And, well, lets just say that didnt work out too well :) I do sometimes have moments of self pity. Times when Im lonely. Days when being alone makes me sad. But I am pretty sure thats normal. Luckily, they dont come around too often. I am, for the first time in a very long time, 100% truely happy with myself. Its taken a lot of work to get here. And I know thats a great foundation to start with. So I can just make sure Im prepared and willing and open to someone when the time comes. But, in the meantime, quit trying to "hook" me up with random people....Im not biting lol

No comments:

Post a Comment