Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Merry. Because we are "us"



11 days until Christmas. Seriously, I am not technically out of November yet. I am not completely finished with my Christmas shopping yet. But the most important 2 little people have everything they asked for. The girls were so much fun writting thier letters to Santa this year. We went through all the toy catalogs that we could find. And each one picked 2 things that they wanted and 1 big present for both of them. I know what your thinking.....I got off easy with the shopping because they only asked for 3 things each. But thats what we always do. 3 is maximum that they can ask for. Theres nothing special about that number, its just kind of stuck over the years. I know alot of kids, even the girls ages, that ask for tons of stuff, and expensive stuff at that. I have a friend who had all 3 of her daughters ask for 16 things a piece, and its things like a stereo, a Wii, a Nintendo DS. I dont want my girls to miss out on the experience of Christmas and getting presents, but I tend to focus more on what Christmas is really about with them. I dont want them growing up selfish or expecting things just because its Christmas. And I do my best to teach them life lessons and make them see how fortunate they are and how richly blessed they are to even get to have things for Christmas.
I am excited that my sister from Wichita is coming this year for Christmas. Last year, she came at thanksgiving, and the girls LOVED having her here. I havent told the girls yet that shes coming, I figured Id just let her surprise them when she walks in.
Emma spelled Santa for me today. She never ceases to amaze me. They are going to a new daycare and Emma is going to headstart. Both are absolutely amazing. They have learned to count to 10 in spanish. Emma is one incredible little artist. Mady is way beyond anything Ive seen or heard from a 3 year old. I have two very smart little girls, thats for sure.
Its about 915. The girls are asleep, and Im freezing cold. Im usually never cold, but I cant seem to get warm in this house. Anyway, I think im off to bed, to try and get warm. Christmas Merry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment