Sunday, December 26, 2010

Aftermath from the chaos



Have you ever noticed how the week following Christmas is as stressful and chaotic as the weeks leading up to it? Maybe thats not true for everyone, and its just me, but today especially, has been crazy. I know, Christmas was just yesterday, but Im ready for life to calm down and be in regular mode again.


The girls did have a pretty amazing Christmas. Im know its amazing to be a kid and getting everything you asked for Christmas, but Im sure its even better to be the one playing Santa and seeing how excited your little girls get over the baby doll theyve been asking for for 2 months. I love being a mom :)


This year, I was blessed enough to be able to help another family out with Christmas. Im not in the most ideal situation myself at the moment, and have had a rough year all together, but it meant alot to me to do this. And i really do believe that this one particular family's name was given to me on purpose. The Brummett family has 4 kids, ranging from 5-16. And to be honest, I was a little intimidated when I learned there was 4 kids. But I called the mom to find out a little more about them and what her kids liked and wanted for Christmas. In our conversation, I found out that I have been in the exact situation this family was just getting out of. The dad was laid off from his job for months. And had been unsuccessful in finding a new one until just recently. I dont know anything about them other than what information was offered to me from our conversation. I dont know where they come from, what kind of life theyve had, or even what thier kids look like, but I do know how good it made me feel to hand over gifts to a mom who could give them to her children. And hopefully, it made her and her husband feel good to be able to give thier kids something they really wanted for Christmas. The experience was not all "happy thoughts" for me. As I said a minute ago, I was a little intimidated at the idea that I had to buy for 4 kids. and teenagers on top of that. Teenagers like expensive things lol. One of the girls really wanted the polka dot hair straightener from walmart. Another makeup, the little one a baby doll, and the boy Star Wars stuff. None of it is cheap stuff in reality. I struggled picking things out because I was focusing on the price of everything first. but in the end, I thought about my girls and Christmas. And the look in thier eyes when they open up a present and see that it is exactly what they wanted. So all 4 kids got exactly what they wanted.
I sat down tonight and decided on a plan for the girls and I. Our life is not exactly ours at the moment. For the past couple of months, we have been at my parents because of what happened at our old apartments. Its been a blessing in more ways than one. Several things have changed. A big one being my daycare expenses. It doubled from what I used to pay. and honestly, there is no way to pay that and rent...what I pay in daycare is equal to rent lol. So, living here, I can at least afford daycare. But I cant live here forever. Not that my parents wouldnt let me, but I am used to beign on my own. I like my own space. And my own life. I like having my own stuff, and feeling like I can call somewhere my own. So. Ive got it worked out that when we move, and this is when I have enough money saved back up to not dig myself deeper, my mom is going to watch the girls for me. That will save me money on daycare, and I can afford to be on my own without being broke all the time. I hate that I have to rely on other people to help me out so much. But right now, I dont really have other options. So. my goal is to have enough money saved to move by february to start looking for somewhere here in Republic. Maybe we can consider this a New Years Resolution. To get my life back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment