Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sweet Summertime


The weather is beautiful. Its warm in the daytime, and gets nice and cool at night. Driving home in the evening, I am surrounded by magical lightning bugs, and can drive with the windows down and sing as loud as I want :). Family seems to be the center of everything we do. And the water is a close second behind that. It doesnt get dark until way after 8, and flip flops are the only neccessary footwear you will need. It MUST be summertime.
Summer has to be my favorite time of year. This season just makes me feel good. It makes me feel happy. We are no longer cooped up in our house because its freezing cold and snowing. There are no crazy stressful holidays to deal with. And people seem to be a little more relaxed and nicer in general. I LOVE it.
Summer is just the medicine I need to get out of this funky state Ive been in lately. Today, I had my first dose. We had an amazing sermon at church today. Im realy excited about the series we are doing. My family came to church with me, which was really nice because they havent been in a while, and with my nursery schedule until recently, its not easy to go to service with them. Not to mention, I had a good surprise when the friend showed up sitting next to me. :) I worked nursery, just like every sunday. My friend was at the counter picking up her boys, and as I walked up to her, she looked at me and said "You look beautiful today Dawn! Your glowing!" What a great feeling to know people are noticing Im happy :)
My family and I went to the river to do a little kayaking after church. We just went to a local river, nothing too crazy. It was so relaxing. Quiet. Calming. And beautiful. I came home tonight feeling so good. I need more days like this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment