Monday, May 24, 2010

The end to a perfectly hectic monday





"It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday"




Have you ever had one of those days? The Bangles sure seem to know what Im talking about.


Around 3am, both girls came and crawled in bed with me...I had literally 12" of space on my queen size bed. They were both sleeping in the middle of the bed with a good 2 feet of open bed on the other side. Needless to say, around 7, I gave up trying to get any kind of good sleep, and just got up. The girls, on the other hand, slept in til 10.


I woke up to a disgustingly dirty house. Which I guess I should have been prepared for. It looked the same way when I went to bed. Too bad no one decided to break in and clean it in the middle of the night. With nothing better to do, I started in on disaster clean up. I will say, it looks 500 times better than it did, but I put off vacuuming and laundry. It at least resembles what my house used to look like. My mom and Ray brought over 2 dressers for Madys room and an entertainment center for Emmas room. So I also did a little furniture rearranging. My favorite thing to do. Seriously. LOL. My mom also brought me my down comforter today. !!!!!! I cant wait to go to bed. Its like sleeping under a cloud. And is so nice and cool in the summer :)


Mady has been a little sick today. Which is strange for me to deal with because the kid has an immune system like the terminator. She is never sick. She is the sweetest cuddliest little baby when she is though. After relaxing after cleaning, the girls and I made a yummy ice cream cake. It was beyond messy. There was ice cream and chocolate everywhere, but it tastes like pure heaven :) And a really good alternative to "regular cake" since thats on the list of gluten no-no's. We had a blast cooking dinner together. The girls had thier aprons on, and I realized after I saw how messy I got, that I need to invest in one of these also lol.


I didnt talk to "the friend" at all today. Usually he texts me good morning, or vice versa...but after he didnt, I just decided I wasnt going to today. And I never heard from him. I really do think he may be 'seeing' someone else. Which I honestly dont care about, but Ive told him if and when he does, that we are done. That is one thing Im not ok with. He assures me there is only me. But lately its been different. He's been different. Ive tried to give him an easy out, but he's persistant on keeping what we have. I dont understand him.


On top of that, I get an email from a guy I dated back in October (for a couple months) I havent talked to him since January when he drunk texted me on New Years. We talked for a few days, and then he basically tells me to leave him the hell alone..when I didnt contact him in the first place. He told me in his email that he was sorry about that, and that he was sorry about breaking up. I asked him today, why he is wanting to all of a sudden talk to me again....his response..."Everyone needs friends right?" Ummmm. Really?
I give up! Sometimes I wonder why God is teasing me with these people. The latter guy I can live without. But the former...its like He's dangling him in front of me but I can never reach him. Funny.....Or not.
Anyway. This is where I get to the part of the end of my day. Im sitting here drinking a glass of Cherry wine...Ive never had it before, and havent decided it I like it or not yet. But its quiet in my house, and I can sit and look back on a crazy monday, and at least be thankful for it. It was busy, and hectic, and a little stressful at times. But I imagine Id be pretty bored if it was slow and quiet, and peaceful all day. :) Im off to bed, and to mentally prepare myself for the next worst day of the week....terrible tuesday. (i must research to see if there is a song about tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment