Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Knowing when to stop


"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." ~Dorothy Nevill
I am a talker. I love to talk. When Im happy, I talk. When Im sad, I talk. When Im angry, I talk. You get the idea. I want to talk about my problems. Talk out a fight and come to a conclusion. This is probably a huge factor in me being single lol. When I know my friends are hurting or angry, I want them to talk about it with me. And I take offense when they dont want to share. Im not sure why that is. Ive been doing really good lately at just letting it go when someone is holding back. But that doesnt mean its not eating at me on the inside lol. It drives me crazy!
In the past, my talkative nature has caused me problems. Its hard for me to know when enough is enough. I can admit to this. I think when people respond to me, and are involved in a converstation with me, it gives me a feeling of being needed. As stupid as that sounds. And because of that, I seem to say the wrong things more times than not...as a weak attempt to keep it going.
I do think Im at a point now where its getting easy for me not to take it personal. Which is a good thing. And I can think before I say something, which is saving me a lot of damage control :)

3 comments:

  1. We have something in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- yes, you have to watch those words :-)

    Found you on CafeMom...I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carolee! Thanks for your support mama! I am going to check you out :)

    ReplyDelete