Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nothing a little staple gun action cant fix

Today was a really rough day for me...

I can sit here now and realize that everything that happened wasnt all that bad. Its just when one thing after another happens, its hard to take it all in and be calm about it. I went to see my mom for a little bit this afternoon. Then watched a friends little girls while she was at an appointment, got to see my sister for a little while this evening, and I also got to talk on the phone to my other sister for a few minutes. Thank goodness for my family today. :)
Emma is spending the night with grandma tonight, so its been just Mady and me. It seems lately, that the girls are gone alot. I know, there are 3 families that I have to share them with, but it feels like Ive hardly had them home with me this week. And Emma will be gone this weekend to her dads. It just feels wierd when they arent home. I enjoy like the first hour of alone time to get stuff done around here, but then Im just bored and lonely lol.

When Mady and I finally got home tonight, I decided to make my headboard that Ive been planning to for forever. I love when I get the urge for do-it-yourself projects. It was fun and turned out pretty good. Im proud of myself. And the staple gun was fun.... I should definately do more things that involve this. I was a little concerned that I was using this thing with no one here but Mady and I. I mean, lets face it, I am not the most coordinated person in the world. Anything could and probably would happen. But I survived, with no injuries. I did have a moment of stupidity when I couldnt figure out how to put more staples in....I eventually got it though lol.
At the end of a pretty crappy day, I have a beautiful little girl sleeping next to me on the couch, and a cool new headboard in my room. Its a good feeling :P

No comments:

Post a Comment