Monday, May 31, 2010

Excuse me while I blog in bed


Its Monday night :) A few hours left of Memorial Day weekend. The start of this weekend was pretty bad to say the least. For whatever reason, I let a bunch of little stuff get to me. And I dont feel that Im 100% out of the clear of this "funk" Ive been in. But today was a good day. The girls slept in, and I actually got some sleep last night. After laying in bed for 2 hours, I finally gave in and took some benedryl. It seemed to work. I got about 7 1/2 hours of solid sleep for the first time in a very long time.
The girls and I kinda just hung out all morning. We didnt do much at all. It was a nice feeling. We headed to my sisters about 1pm for a family bbq, along with some fun games and yummy ice cream cake in tow. Friday, I casually invited "the friend" and his daughter to come. I had zero hope that they would. He just mentioned they didnt have plans, so it seemed kinda natural to say "You guys should come" After that, I didnt mention it again to him. And last night he asked what time it was, that they were thinking about coming. At 11:30 today, I asked if they were, and his reply-"Its a definate maybe" lol. At this point, I just assume they arent. There have been several occassions where this exact scenerio has occured, and nothing ever came from it. But turns out, he was serious. They came. We ate, the kids played in the pool. We played the infamous game in my family- Catchphrase. It was a really nice afternoon. I was kinda concerned about my private life merging with my personal life. But, nothing about it was wierd. I had to just kinda sit back and watch everything happen, because it was strange to see it play out....but not in a bad way. It made me happy :) I was fully prepared for a round of 20 questions from my family afterwards. They are usually pretty nosey. But, the only thing I got was, "They are super sweet people. Invite them to come again." Can we rewind and hear that again? My family, MY family, didnt ask a single question. Definately a good day :)
The girls were super good little girls when we got home. I got clean rooms out of both of them. We danced in the living room and Emma sang me her ever so imaginative songs. She makes them up as she goes. This little girl never fails me. Shes so smart, and so creative. And knows more than a 4 year old should know. Mady seemed to find it neccessary to cover me in kisses. And who could turn down her puckered up little face? I am slowly learning that my children know when I am sad and in a mood. They reflect how I act. And when I see that they are having a rough day again, I hope Im able to step back and take a look at myself to see whats going on.
Its days like this that make me so thankful for everything I have. I have a great life. I am constanly needing reminders like this. I find myself wanting everything I dont have more often than not. And the truth is, I have everything I need. Aside from a job maybe, but that will come soon enough too.

No comments:

Post a Comment