Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Early Mothers Day


Today was our 2nd saturday outreach at church. To say it is an amazing experience, is an understatement. We volunteered at the Boys and Girls Town of Missouri. Brought new shoes, toys, underwear, socks...had an outdoor carnival, and painted thier bedrooms for them. I was on the painting team. I know, its a scary thought. Me + a paintbrush cant equal anything good. LOL. I was with a partner, someone I had not technically met before today. Ive seen her in passing at church, but thats it. We got to talking. I learned alot about her and her family. How long theyve been going to church, and what all they are involved in. I found it pretty easy to talk to her. She asked about me, my kids, my job, church. We talked about our faith and trials with God. And how both of us seem to have made it through to the other side stronger and better people. When she found out I was a single mom, she praised me. When she found out I lost my job and am still struggling and unemployed, but still willing to help people, she praised me. When she heard about my ex and the situation I had to leave, she praised me. When she heard how I still believe and trust in God despite a very rocky past year, how He is the center of my life, she praised me. She praised me for being strong, and loving, and giving, and selfless, and above all, trusting in God. I never see what I do as anything that deserves any kind of recognition. Its the life I live, and the life I choose to live. But hearing these words from a stranger, who could see what a great life I have because of this church and God, was a huge thing for me. She doesnt know how much she impacted me today, just listening and talking with me. I went to our 2nd Saturday Outreach today, excited to help kids who needed it. And I left there, with so much more. North Point has opened alot of doors for me. Introduced me to incredible people. Given me opportunities to be part of something big. But today, North Point gave me the best Mothers Day gift ever. Someone who opened my eyes to all the great things n my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment