Monday, May 3, 2010

Out with the old...in with...No Just out with the old


I cleaned Emmas bedroom today before I went to pick the girls up from my sisters house. Not even 15 minutes after we got home, a toy tornado went through it. The entire toy box was dumped out, the rugs were thrown throughout the room, the kitchen was tipped over, the clothes had been taken out of the dresser, and all the bedding was off her bed. Seriously? How can that much damage happen in such a short time! I threaten to thow all the toys away if they dont get it cleaned up. I have to remind them to focus on the task at hand several times. 2 hours later....Im irritated from repeating myself, and there is still the aftermath of an F5 left scattered around the room.
How did my kids acquire so many toys? i really dont buy that many. Hmmmm. Gotta love grandparents. And do you ever notice granparents buy the noisy toys? Oh the piano and guitar. Those things couldve put me in a padded room. It was a glorious day when I heard a bzzzzzz noise instead of the out of tune music....they were coming to the end of thier life. The gratification I got from watching them hit the trash can was indescribable...A little disturbing, I know. The girls definately dont lack in the toy department. We could open our own chain of Toys R Us's. Im not exactly sure how to fix this problem. I hate cleaning them up everyday, the girls hate cleaning them up. But I dont want to just get rid of them. I do go through thier toys every couple months and weed out the crappy ones, the broken ones, the cheap ones, the happy meal toys...So I feel like the ones they do have are good and worth keeping. Maybe I should box half of them up, and put them away. Rotate them out every 6 months...then they would think they get new toys lol. Im not sure what its gonna take to prevent any future disasters, but I gotta figure it out....and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment